View Single Post
Old 21 September 2012, 18:54   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marskilla View Post
First, i'd like to say that FS-UAE is definitly the best amiga emulator for games. It allows me to (re)discover amiga titles and it' soooo enjoyable.

Thanks a lot for the work ! I' am having great time using it.
And thank you for using it and reporting issues

Quote:
But I have a problem with vigilante. I tested both TOSEC (adf) and SPS (ipf) releases of vigilante and no one seems to be working.

Those same disks images works perfectly with Winuae.

Is this problem known ? Is there something I can do?
I got the same problems you did, and after checking a bit around, it seems this game requires a working serial port! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=1891). I got it to boot by using the new serial port support in the latest development version (Mac/Linux only).

By default, FS-UAE enables a dummy serial port (good enough to boot AROS), but it seems this is not good enough to boot this game. I'll investigate this further and see what needs to be implemented to make the game boot with the default settings.

Quote:
Also I have problems with few games using interlaced mode (darkseed for example). Are there settings which allow a correct display of interlaced screens? Thanks for any help.
FS-UAE does not support interlaced output, but interlaced Amiga displays should work just fine (including Dark Seed) -but the output is effectively deinterlaced. When you say "problem", I assume you mean that the interlaced screens do not look authentic and miss the flickering? I don't think it would look right unless FS-UAE is used with an interlaced display mode (which it does not support) on a CRT. Or do you have another problem? Please describe further.

Page generated in 0.07794 seconds with 11 queries