View Single Post
Old 07 September 2012, 00:07   #1632
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Sorry for posting twice. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the drivers for the monitors using the Indivision from the beginning. I mean, I want to use PicBoot. Can I?

This is an example, using HighGfx:

[ Show youtube player ]

I have to change with the remote from Ext to see PicBoot, to Hdmi later.
I found a boot picture program with source on aminet (can't get the link at the moment, the DB seems down). I modified that to work in EHB mode and I added a boing ball animation. Anyway, there would be a few considerations:

I wanted to use the program as the first line in startup-sequence. That is the reason I chose EHB mode over AGA. Until setpatch is run, I don't think you can use AGA modes.

Until your monitor files are loaded you are also going to be limited to video modes built into the kickstart rom unless you access the hardware directly. And if so, can you open a custom video mode in a system compatible way so the computer still boots?

To me that is further along in the boot process than I would like, and it sort of defeats the point of the program which is to throw something cool on the screen as soon as possible.

Anyway, I'm sure I could make it work if was loaded after the monitor file, but to me that sort of sucks and would be interested in hearing other ideas....
Page generated in 0.07461 seconds with 9 queries