View Single Post
Old 07 August 2012, 23:02   #127
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Beta also had more options and tracks than the retail version i had. Just a great game, never cheated either
Ah, then perhaps it is the tracks from the beta that the hack I linked to restores in a sort of way rather than a re-implementation of the MD tracks.

Can't disagree with you as it is my favourite racing game and I even enjoy doing stuff like racing with a wheeled vehicle on NHO.

If you never cheated, you should at least once, to try and check the "Phantom" (probably a secret character that was never implemented completely):

Also, by cheating you can do some interesting stuff. I remember that to play with a friend I had made cheat codes to have infinite ammo for the weapons/boosters (well, technically it was just finding the values and telling the emulator to freeze them).
It made playing with the marauder/dirt devil almost balanced when playing on something else than the two first planets.

Things looked a bit silly though when the track was littered with sliding spikes (or whatever they are called, the equivalent of mines for those vehicles)

Btw, in case you don't know about it there is a remake in the work by a Russian team:
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]

Too bad that they seem to be a bit busy with other things right now. Let's hope they can get it out in 2012 as they hoped. But well, I'd prefer to wait several years and get a good game rather than having today a game that would be rushed and play worse than the original.
Page generated in 0.05455 seconds with 9 queries