View Single Post
Old 20 December 2002, 05:33   #5

Send a message via MSN to Djay
my little story

as a lad... i was into AD&D, Heroquest etc... etc... a friend who was also into that kind of stuff, got a C64 for christmas... he invited me round, to basically show-off his new toy... before long we were writing programs and playing games...

...needless to say... i worked my arse off to also have a C64 (The Caped Crusader pack... i think), for the next year or so everything was going fine (Raindow Islands.. springs to mind)...

...then a new friend brought round his A1000, i played Defender of the Crown... man, was i impressed!!! but i went back to my humble C64...

...for some reason (can't remember), my dad bought my younger brother an A500 (Screen Gems Pack), i was so pissed off... i was so impressed with Shadow of the Beast 2... dad also bought my brother a copy of CU Amiga, so he could see what games were coming out... i saw an advert for AMOS... i told my dad that i would program educational games for my brother if he bought me AMOS...

...the next day (after school), my dad turned to me a said, that i could trade in my C64 and games for an A500 (he would pay the difference).. i managed to actually get some extra games too (Xenon... spring to mind).

... i never did get around to programming an educational game for my brother

... years later...

someone broke into my house and robbed... my stereo... my tv... all my games and my bloddy AMIGA... it took nearly 3 months for the money to come through from the insurance company...

... the A1200 had dropped to 299.99, my A500 was insured for 399.99 and they gave my 300 for the stolen games... dixons made alot of money out of me that day!!!

i still have my A1200 to this day
Page generated in 0.05248 seconds with 9 queries