Thread: Matt Chat
View Single Post
Old 24 July 2012, 04:30   #214
mattbarton.exe

Do you guys remember Dave Warhol?

I don't know. Maybe I'm weird. But I played the HELL out of F/A 18-Interceptor and actually made money selling a cassette recording of Dave's Top Gun-esque score at school!

[ Show youtube player ]

I'm not 100% sure Dave got what I was saying, but my point is that there are people out there--maybe I'm a freak, so be it--who actually prefer the sound of the SID or the Amiga over a real orchestra. To me, these computers are musical instruments in and of themselves. I don't care if something is "more advanced." Who cares? That's not the point. Give me the vintage, soulful sound, the sound that the composer INTENDED. That's what I am tuning in to listen to.

I just cant' seem to find ANYONE who agrees with me. Am I just nuts? Or is there just something about the way these quote unquote, "primitive" machines sound that is just appealing? I don't want it to be updated or remixed. I just want to hear the authentic sounds of these glorious instruments.

Sorry if I'm being ridiculous with this, but I am *sick to death* of people who claim that Amiga and Commodore 64 music is worthless junk composed by people who just didn't have access to sampled music. @$@ sampled music. I want to hear the synths.

I know, I'm weird.

Page generated in 0.06091 seconds with 9 queries