View Single Post
Old 18 July 2012, 00:18   #24
Originally Posted by tin View Post
Have to be honest (dons flameproof suit) that I wasn't impressed with the zzap 64 ones. 20-odd notes for a load of scans (fair play, time consuming) written onto 5 cheapo cdrs, with zzap written on in shitty CDR pen, and a crappily cut out black and white copy of the cover, stashed into a plastic envelope? Quality control!!!???? grrrrr

that said - Iain at def guide to zzap64 uploaded the zzap ones to emule, so I presume it was officially mandated by mort? which is fair enough I suppose. Wonder if there's any others uploaded.
Don't ask me were the hell I found it (and now megaupload et all have been illegally shut down probably can no longer be downloaded) but I have a much improved issue 1 of ZZAP scanned somewhere on this 5tb of hard drive space.

It's interesting it is the packaging you are not happy with, me personally I think the quality of C+VG and ZZAP scans are very low due to way over compressed JPEGs. The resolution would have been fine if it was 5% compression but they look more like 50% compression. In the case of C+VG it isn't worth it, as you can't read the program listings (in the first 12 issues it is more or less all program listings haha). (I own them all anyway )

It is right pain in the back scanning stuff though for sure, I did a few on retromags ages ago and some on underground gamer. Now I refuse to release my 600DPI scans of the C+VG history of video games supplement because I really can't be bothered to watermark every page "not for sale on ebay by this wanker" as otherwise it will just end up being sold on ebay by dole dossers smoking roll ups
Page generated in 0.04862 seconds with 9 queries