View Single Post
Old 13 July 2012, 09:43   #39
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgh View Post
All pcmcia-cf adapters could and should be identical, as the CF interface is a subset of the pcmcia interface and so the adapters are passive and should make the same connections.
I do know of at least one case of an adapter (looking like this) being confirmed as the cause of some problems, but this might be a fault of that single unit.
The one you link to is a bit cheap for a sandisk, so it might be fake (but still work, probably).
I've used a couple of these without problems.
Well, i have a few of both, and i assure you that all work fine, still i have my doubts that you can prepare a CF card on a PCMCIA port to work as a hard drive later on.
Maybe you can manage to make a few working but i think you will only have success if they are below 4gb.
To use a cf card on the PCMCIA slot we usually format them in FAT, that's why there's a lot of talking about the 4Gb being incompatible with Amiga's PCMCIA port. I never tried formating a cf card in FFS or SFS and use it in PCMCIA port.
I think it's much easier to prepare the card on WinUAE and install everything like that to use on a real amiga.

Page generated in 0.09914 seconds with 11 queries