View Single Post
Old 28 June 2012, 04:35   #1
Amiga Games You Thought Were Over-rated or Under-rated

The topic pretty much says it all.

In no particular order I'd have to say:

SuperFrog. I wouldnt call it bad, but personally I found it boring, and the protagonist has absolutely no personality or character. There's far better platform games on the Amiga.

BodyBlows. My thoughts on this one echo those of Superfrog. Not terrible, but void of any real character and generic to the nth degree. Like a 3rd rate neogeo fighter.

Breathless. More engine than game, and very drab visually. Looks ok at 1st, but hours later youre still looking at pretty much the same grey graphics. Weapons and enemies are also boring

Battle Squadron. I tried to like this one, I really did. I remember countless nights of me, my brother and our friends sitting around the amiga playing this game, with everyone else loving it, and me just looking for the gameplay. Bland and generic.

Z-Out. Received reasonably positive reviews, but not a game that many people remember in the same way as Xenon2, Disposable Heroes, Hybris, etc. despite being a better game.

Addam's Family. Shame there's no backgrounds like in all other versions, but one of the best SuperMario clones around. Plays great, with lots of variey, nicely hidden bonuses and extras.

Sinbad And The Throne Of The Falcon. Probably one of CInemaWare's least popular/successful games, but one of my personal favorites, and *the* game that made me desperately want an amiga. Cant put my finger on why, but there's just something about this game that really draws me into its world.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.04970 seconds with 9 queries