View Single Post
Old 25 June 2012, 21:30   #21
thgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk View Post
@Zetr0

I accept that you don't see it (as you say, in your opinion), but won't accept that it is not there, unless you can explain how the 50 images are output as 60 images over the same period of time otherwise

You don't really need to bother though, since you are happy with it and I don't use one anyway. Also, as you say, Youtube and camcorders and the like are not useful for demonstrating such things; would need at least a good VGA capture card that does not drop any frames. I'm just interested in standards conversion issues due to dabbling in other video technology.

@seuden

If you show a fraction of a field, it means that the field changes in the middle of the screen (ie. "tearing"). This is generally much more undesirable than slight stuttering.

I have also noticed that its there as well.

In games, for the most part, its not as noticeable. Load up a Demo that has smooth scrolling text (which is pretty much all of them) and its apparent right away.

Too bad this device wouldn't pass 50Hz through instead of sampling it up or at least give an option for 50Hz. Might not do too much good with most LCDs, but would be a nice choice for CRT monitors.

Page generated in 0.04351 seconds with 10 queries