View Single Post
Old 21 June 2012, 22:06   #38
myst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
If Debian Linux handled php or was a good enough web server then they wouldn't need Apache, would they? Apache handles Perl (php) scripts, hence my description of it.
Debian GNU/Linux is an operating system. Apache is a web server. PHP is a programming language. mod_php is a module for the web server that can interpret PHP language and allows you to use PHP to "postprocess" HTML pages. You can use PHP without Apache, just not for serving HTML. You can use another web server to serve dynamic (PHP/Perl/Python "postprocessed" HTML).

Quote:
Apache is broke, 1&1 broke it and they don't give a toss about fixing it; is that a fair assessment of the facts so far?
As I understand it, they admitted that the kind of server you used wasn't supposed to have mod_php enabled. The update "fixed" this "bug". And they have no intention on enabling PHP support on this kind of servers. I don't see how Apache is broken here.

Quote:
We have enough issues right now, without arguing navel-gazing minutae over comments made in posts, thanks...
Agree, let's end it here. I wish you good luck to find a good hosting (someone suggested something IIRC). Let us know if you need donations

Page generated in 0.07933 seconds with 9 queries