View Single Post
Old 20 June 2012, 17:17   #2514
alenppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
The trick is to stay on the accelerator with that specific access. In layman's terms: I'm just not telling the Amiga that I'm accessing $c0 space, but do it silently in my own universe while the chipset minds it's own business. The beauty of the Amiga architecture.
Aha! Awesome. Thanks for the insider info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Kick3.0 adds memory in $c0 and chipmem (obviously), plus any zorro cards. Kick3.1 has a new routine that looks for memory starting at $0800.0000 in 1MByte-increments.
Excellent, thanks. Most A1200 accelerators identify themselves as Zorro cards, which is how, I suspect, the memory gets added to the system by any kickstart. Did you decide not to use this technique for cost reasons or does it have other benefits?

Regarding battery, I am having the same issue with the A604. I am gonna look into this in the coming days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Maybe it requires a FPU which the ACA does not have? You will find a few apps like this where you need to use the non FPU varients like AWEB or IBrowse
Actually CNet "turboio" mode is a hack in terms of PCMCIA access, it's documented in the readme, so I guess it disagrees with this aritecture. The standard version runs fine, however.

Page generated in 0.08177 seconds with 9 queries