View Single Post
Old 04 June 2012, 16:19   #1335
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
Are you sure about using 5v fans? Because Amigakit advised me to use the one on their website which seems to be 12v:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=666

My board hasn't fried (yet)...

You're right, my mistake, i fried my board when i use two fans one was 5v and the other 12v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Modifying your hardware always renders warranty worthless. For simple reasons. If you did something to the hardware, it's no longer possible to say that the fault is a birth defect, or if you introduced it. After you did anything, your relying on goodwill gestures from the manufacturer rather then warranty.
Hence, adding a fan that blows over the Indivision by means of sticking it to the RF shielding is OK, where as bolting it on a ACA630 cooler, is a different thing entirely. Jens also explains exactly how the cooler is supposed to work, and at what temperatures it's expected to keep the hardware, explaining that there is no need, what so ever, for a fan on the ACA630.

Heck, in exact opposite to what is stated in that thread, many GFX brands for the PC market will void your warranty if you as much as take the shroud of a factory cooling unit, and clean it, to then reassemble it again. Allowing you to replace your cooling with a better one, or just taking it of to replace the heat transfer paste, is a complete no go for 95% of all brands, with the exception of the enthusiast lineups, where they charge you enough to afford user introduced faults as a part of warranty claims.

Not sure what your gripes about warranty is, really.
B!
I don't see how it's possible to damage a component only by puting a fan on top of it.

I agree when you say that if you take the heatsink of a graphic board just to clean it, you loose the warranty but that's because the heatsink or the fan or whatever is a part of the component you bought.

Page generated in 0.07252 seconds with 11 queries