View Single Post
Old 03 June 2012, 15:16   #44
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
What does "seems to be more compatible" mean? I don't think this really means anything useful

Something like "version x did this when running that but following version y does does this when running same program using same settings" is much better (but note that fastest possible = nothing is guaranteed, especially compatibility)
OK, I've retraced one of the demo issues to be related to using low latency vsync or not when in fastest possible mode. Somehow there was a previous beta, where it did work with low latency vsync, but I can't retrace that anymore.

With Beta 4, the issue is quite apparent. When running the WHDLoad demo "Big Time Sensuality" by Axis (started from a plain vanilla 3.1 workbench) in fastest possible mode -and- low latency vsync, then after some seconds of running, the demo quits back to workbench with the message "WHDLoad has detected that a previous call to 'resload_Diskload' has been interrupted. The actual call to 'resload_FlushCache' can therefore not been processed."

If I run this demo with the exact same config, but only disable vsync, then it works without problems. Configs, logs and screenshot attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 242_A1200-FP.zip (30.8 KB, 323 views)

Page generated in 0.04509 seconds with 12 queries