View Single Post
Old 03 June 2012, 13:36   #42
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Venom View Post
There's only one thing in that the fastest possible mode in one of the earlier betas seemed more compatible with some AGA demos, while it still provided the needed CPU boost for these demos. Throttling the CPU speed to any level doesn't seem to make a difference for compatibility with this beta and these specific demos, so this maybe has to do with the current implementation of FP mode?
What does "seems to be more compatible" mean? I don't think this really means anything useful

Something like "version x did this when running that but following version y does does this when running same program using same settings" is much better (but note that fastest possible = nothing is guaranteed, especially compatibility)

Quote:
This one I'm still looking forward to. Hopefully you can fix it in one of the coming betas..
I am still not sure how to do this without causing other side-effects. "Problem" is new dynamic adjustment that detects sync attempt (finish current frame asap and start following one without framewait to sync fields) as a problem (too fast or slow frame) and attempts to readjust causing sort of feedback loop..

Page generated in 0.04210 seconds with 11 queries