View Single Post
Old 29 May 2012, 22:53   #32
The C64 is definately too low down on the list, especially when you consider the number of units it sold, the brilliant SID chip and in game tunes which influence chart music today, not to mention all the fantastic games for it which still the test of time today and pushed the machine graphically and sonically in ways never thought possible (personal faves include Mayhem in Monsterland, Ghouls and Ghosts,Buggy Boy, Power Drift, Flimbos Quest, Turbo OutRun, Turbocharge, IK+, Nobby the Aardvark, Shadow of the Beast... I could go on all evening) For me the C64 being the first proper computer I ever owned will always have a special place in my heart and along with my Amiga 1200 holds pride of place in my vast console and computer collection.
Am surprised the Atari 7800 didn't get a mention by anyone. Yes it only had 70 or so dedicated released for it, but in terms of sheer playability of some of its games and the quality of its conversions (Food Fight and Ballblazer spring to mind) it was a system with very few duds released for it plus VCS compatibility so what more could you want?....shame about the European thumbpad controllers though lol
Page generated in 0.11218 seconds with 9 queries