View Single Post
Old 28 May 2012, 10:52   #23
Pegaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
It seems a good crystal. Just 40mhz for a 40mhz Fpu. They designed it to work, so I won't be telling it can't. Remember to change the jumpers to use it.

About faster... I don't know, I just want it to play some players (some need Fpu, like AmigaAmp) and (not sure) Ibrowse has to work better/faster with it IIRC. I would like to read what you did about damage to it using the crystal.

Btw... SOMEBODY USING 8MB WITH AN AMITEK RAM BOARD?
Thanks. I think I will order.
About oscillator: Maybe I expressed badly, I read somewhere that the crystal must not be even slightly exceeds the value of the FPU frequency, to avoid damage.

About Hawk ramboard:
If the problem is only to find correct memory, then its an easier task.
We may contact some of the sellers on eBay, claiming that their card works with whole 8mb and ask for the type of memory it uses.
Still pretty strange to me that none of EDO memory that I tried, could not take advantage of 8mb.
I have not tested only the modules of 16Mb or more, but I doubt it would be a success.
Much bigger problem will be if the some cards is factory defective and if the "Amitek" knowingly sell these with 4MB only, and those that were completely correct, supplied with 8mb.

@rampartsagain
The problem cant be a PCMCIA card because I dont use it, just because am aware of that conflict between her and ramboard card.
My primary goal is to have the 8Mb, without having to buy expensive turbo accelerators.
Unfortunately, after two years I havent managed to solve this problem.
Only to try to put kickstart 3.1 Rom chips on board, instead of 3.0, with additional costs, of course and with no guarantee that it will succeed.
Maybe if someone have spare 3.1 Rom is willing to try this.

Page generated in 0.04538 seconds with 11 queries