If you didn't know, BitFellas released a podcast featuring music from the great "Immortal" Audio-CD series (contains remixes of Amiga game tunes made by the original composers) a couple of months ago.
Download and Infos:
Episode #136 - The Immortal Podcast (in collaboration with Jan Zottmann)
Immortal 4 enriches the world of computer game music, featuring remixes of the music from 35 Amiga games in newly arranged studio productions. BitFellas pays tribute to the fantastic Immortal project and presents a selection of fine music from the Immortal CDs in BitJam Podcast #136, including a previously unreleased track.
The acclaimed “Immortal” project started to take shape in the mind of Portuguese game music composer Ruben Monteiro in 1997. The idea behind this project was (and still is) to release the greatest soundtracks from games released for the Commodore Amiga computer on CD - newly arranged and recorded in the studio, but not necessarily in a chart-compatible way. Instead, the “Immortal” producers aim to work with the original artists whenever possible: Chris Hülsbeck, Allister Brimble, Bjorn Lynne, Barry Leitch, Jason Page, Tim Wright and many others contributed exclusive tracks in the past. As of April 2011, four volumes have been released in the “Immortal” series, featuring music from classic games such as Shadow of the Beast, Turrican, Speedball 2, Pinball Dreams, Wing Commander, Alien Breed, Lemmings, or Cannon Fodder.
Mixing by Vincenzo, logo #136 by KF & Immortal 4 artists, compiled by Bobic
[download mp3] - [download cue sheet]
01. Barry Leitch - Lotus Turbo Challenge 2
02. Allister Brimble - Body Blows
03. Chris Hülsbeck - Jim Power “Main Title”
04. Timothy “Coldstorage” Wright - Shadow of the Beast 3 “Gottabe”
05. Ron "Master Blaster" Klaren - Battle Squadron
06. Nation 12 - Gods “Into the Wonderful”
07. Timothy Follin - Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
08. Chris Hülsbeck - Turrican 3
09. Olof “Blaizer” Gustafsson - Pinball Fantasies
10. Allister Brimble - Alien Breed
11. Matthias Steichwachs - No Second Prize “Grand Prix of India”
12. Nation 12 - Speedball 2 “Brutal Deluxe”
13. Matthew “4-mat” Simmonds - Cardiaxx
14. Aleksi “Heatbeat” Eeben - Elfmania
15. Per Almered - Obsession - Desert Run
16. Frédéric “Moby” Motte - Fascination
17. Jon Hare & Richard Joseph - Cannon Fodder ''War''
18. Timothy “Coldstorage” Wright - Agony 2007 (Astronaut mix)
Total playtime: 79:14min.
Maybe this is also of interest for the Amiga scene:
Tomorrow (Sunday, 27th of July) H0ffman will release his Demoscene Big Beats in the mix podcast
episode at BitFellas. H0ffman is a great musician who contributed to many Amiga demos and intros in the last months (Revision 2012 Invitation
, Hot Dots
, 8-bit Jungle
, H0ffman's RETROspective
). He's also running the netlabel Unstable Label
which releases fine and free electronic music with mainly big beats.