View Single Post
Old 26 May 2012, 11:34   #88
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicopatico View Post
Hi. Xorg log is attached.

It loads the "kbd" module and not the "evdev" one.
I'm getting lost on all of this, since I'm no expert on this stuff either.

I guess I'm going to try each of a couple spare keyboards I have, a wired NMB Cypress and... wait for it... a shiny IBM Model M from 1994! Yes, that one !
This just to see if something different happens.
I don't think swapping keyboards will help. What you instead should do is to try to use the evdev driver (if there is no other reason not to). I suspect you have a custom Xorg configuration file with explicit keyboard setup. Usually this is not necessary, since input devices are mostly autodetected nowadays. I recommend trying to remove keyboard config options from /etx/X11/xorg.conf. This may allow Xorg to load the evdev driver instead (this is normally the default on modern systems).

I suspect that you with your current setup also will have problems with arrow keys in Virtualbox, VMWare and possibly remote desktop viewers.

With evdev, the keycodes should change and allow FS-UAE (and other applications with similar needs) to work. It should not affect normal applications in a negative way, since applications normally use translated keysyms, which will be correct also with evdev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicopatico View Post
Slightly Off-Topic: I see the attachment manager rejects files with the ".log" extension. That's no big deal, it's easy enough to copy 'em adding ".txt".
Can you please add a relevant row in the attachment key table? That would eliminate the nuisance. Thanks in advance.
Oh, and I fully agree with the .log extension, but I don't have the means to change this. Something for global moderators, perhaps?

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 26 May 2012 at 11:56.

Page generated in 0.04368 seconds with 11 queries