View Single Post
Old 26 May 2012, 01:01   #19
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi HynsomniaK,

I have fixed the filesystem errors which were causing the Calc program to be unreadable, but the 176th data block is still corrupted. The Office.DMS image you produced using the external drive contains different (and possibly better) data for that block, but it still might not be possible to fix it. The DiskRipper images will not help; they both have this data block marked -=[BAD SECTOR]=- throughout.

I reconstructed the headers and fixed the checksums in the virus-damaged data blocks that were causing the other six files to be unreadable, but in doing so I have found another corrupted data block in the Graph program. This is Disk Block 918 ($396) at offset $72C00-$72DFF. The DiskRipper images will not help; they both contain the same corrupted data for this disk block, but I still have the RawRead images for this disk to check.

Now for some better news: The SADDAM virus has not obliterated any data blocks on these disks, only encrypted them; and I have just discovered how to decrypt them!

Page generated in 0.04318 seconds with 11 queries