View Single Post
Old 21 May 2012, 21:37   #11
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HymnsomniaK View Post
Thank you very much for your time and patience
I'm not finished with them yet...

It will not be possible for me to repair all the virus damage without some replacement disk blocks, files or disk images.

However, it may be possible to correct the corruption which is affecting the Calc program in the Office disk image, and I would like to ask you if you could possibly produce another set of disk images using a different disk drive with that in mind.

The Office disk image also has filesystem errors which are affecting the Calc program, but I should be able to correct those with the images I already have. I'm in the process of mapping all the sectors on that disk.

Even though the virus damage is likely to be irreversible, l would still like to repair what I can on these disk images and post my progress here. In doing so, it's just possible that this thread may flush out another copy of these disks belonging to someone else who has a set (whether the Portuguese language version or some other).

It's merely by chance that I selected this disk to start with. Let's hope that the others are not as badly damaged.

Last edited by prowler; 21 May 2012 at 22:48.

Page generated in 0.04632 seconds with 11 queries