View Single Post
Old 20 May 2012, 09:07   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Venom View Post
Could you elaborate a bit on what "time waited for frame relative to total frame" means? For example if this value hovers around 90%, what does it mean?
It is basically idle time. 90% = 90% of frame time was polling for next vblank, 10% of frame time was used for hardware emulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mequa View Post
The behaviour seems to change on my system with every new release. Now with fastest possible no-buffer vsync it runs smoothly with no tearing for most of the time, except every 5-10 seconds or so there is a "jerk" or judder (not sure if actual missed frame or just tearing)...

Any suggestions of specific options to test for this new build? (I'm mostly interested in JIT-enabled fastest possible no-buffer vsync... last stable one on my system is 2.4.1 beta 14, not release 2.4.1.)
I don't know anymore.. No one else still haven't said anything and it has always worked fine on all my 3 test systems..

-vsynclog will show if it is missed frame (You would need second display to see the log properly..). -vsynclog2 log may also help.

EDIT: So wildly changing results may point to some power saving feature that gets confused. (Like nvidia on my work laptop with "adaptive powersomething" enabled. It is not always CPU or OS level power saving = OS power saving options have no effect!)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 20 May 2012 at 09:20.

Page generated in 0.04403 seconds with 11 queries