View Single Post
Old 18 May 2012, 22:07   #25
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I timed how long it takes from vblank to line 1. It takes much longer than any other normal line (about ~25x). I guess it was not properly documented long time ago and someone thought it means first visible line and someone else that it means second "real" line.
I'm not sure if I fully understand the "from vblank to line 1". Do you mean from end of vblank to line 1 or from start of vblank to line 1?

Normally the vblank takes much longer than 1 scanline, including front and back porch signal it would take about 25-26 lines for a normal PAL signal. This seems like close to the ~25x longer you mention. So I guess what you're actually measuring is the time from start of field blanking to the first visible line? See this page halfway down http://martin.hinner.info/vga/pal.html. The letter "j" in the Field Synchronization of PAL System represents the Field-blanking interval, and takes about 25 lines. From what I understand these synchronization blanking times are valid for LED monitors also, because of compatibility reasons. But maybe we're talking about two completely different things here?

Page 39 (png_039) of the Agnus specification sheet shows a comparable picture with regards to the blanking time btw (they're still a bit different though..). It's taking about 26 lines for the whole field blanking.

Last edited by Dr.Venom; 18 May 2012 at 22:09. Reason: edit: sorry copied wrong URL, now the right one is in.

Page generated in 0.06183 seconds with 11 queries