View Single Post
Old 08 May 2012, 15:40   #21
Originally Posted by terryhan View Post
I don't suppose there's any chance of a Mac OS version of this at some point? Looks cool.
Sorry I'm not planning on developing a Mac OS version, but the Windows source code (including the Amiga 68000 source file) is available here: for anyone who fancies working on it.

Originally Posted by mc6809e View Post
How did you do the conversion? Did you disassemble to 68000 machine code and translate to x86?
Yes and no - I disassembled the entire 68000 code on the Amiga, then spent a while studying and commenting it. Then I wrote the new version in C/C++, using the Amiga algorithms for the car physics.

Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Looks good. I miss the cockpit / speed / damage graphics. Is the sound original?
Yes the sound is original and the binary data was taken from the Amiga then converted to .wav files for playback under Windows. The only thing missing is the Amiga's low pass filter!

Originally Posted by john4p View Post
Good work. Would it be possible to alter the code so that we get 60fps without speeding up everything?
Thanks. Unfortunately I tried and failed to alter the car's physics code to handle 60fps. The Amiga routines that the new code is based upon were written for the Amiga's frame rate of 8-9fps and when I tried to change them (e.g. by reducing various constants and variables) the physics was just all wrong (e.g. the car would no longer jump sufficiently).

Again the Windows source code (including the Amiga 68000 source code) is available here: for anyone who fancies having another attempt.

Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 View Post
How about a version for beefier classic Amigas eg. 060?
Not sure if this is what you're after, but there is a 'speedrun' version for classic Amigas somewhere, which was created by someone else and allows for a much faster frame rate on more powerful Amigas. (The original Amiga version had a frame limiter in the code to ensure that six vertical blanks had occurred between frames, giving a frame rate of 50/6 = 8.33 fps. The 'speedrun' version either removes or significantly reduces the limiter).

Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
this is very nice, maybe a bit fast though lol
Thanks for the positive comments and for featuring the game on your web site too.

Remember you can press the F10 key one or more times to slow the game down if needs be (and F9 to speed it up again)

Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
This version is far superior to the other remake of this game I have, nice work. (Although it is indeed somewhat too fast, as others have already mentioned.)
Thanks. (Try pressing the F10 key )

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 08 May 2012 at 19:57. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.09464 seconds with 9 queries