Old 08 May 2012, 13:28   #929
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
Thx for your reply.
No problem

Quote:
squeezing a fan inside the A1200 might be possible.
It's totally possible! I used fans, taken from an old pentium cpus ! just hot glue them to the underside of the upper grill and hook them up! (just make sure you put them in the correct way arround so it pushes air out the top). no modifications to the case needed aside from closing off the rest of the upper grill so there's only one spot for the hot air to go.... out through the fan!!. just glue, no screws. and hot glue can easily be picked off if you need to move/remove them at a later date.

Quote:
I still have a cable which connected to the floppy drive and the same cable has a connector to power a 3,5 inch HD. But I'm using cf-hd's now. Could I use this cable for powering a small fan?
yep that's fine. i think you can get fans with molex connectors. but molex are big and bulky and can get in the way. depends on your situation and future choice on mods.

Quote:
And can you give me any tips on where to get this fan?
anything that'll fit! cpu fans, case fans ... any fan that is a slim profile. 12v or 5v. just make sure you use the correct wire from the floppy connector, there are 4, two are black (negative) and one brown and one yellow. i forget which are which for 12v and 5v... someone else will no doubt chime in on this one. but if your floppy splitter cable was bought and has all four wires going to the molex (which i assume it has as 3.5 inch drives need them) then simply sourcing a fan with a molex connector will suffice

Quote:
Can you post a picture btw? I'm curious to see how this looks like.
i thought i had a pic, but after investigating turns out i dont! and i dont have time to take one as i'm literally about to step out for the rest of the day i'll see what i can do tomorrow though. if not sooner.

Last edited by diablothe2nd; 08 May 2012 at 13:34. Reason: grammar, added more info about molex.

Page generated in 0.07163 seconds with 9 queries