View Single Post
Old 05 May 2012, 18:53   #3
demether

Personaly, I'm trying to build a dedicated linux (dual booting with AROS) machine to run exclusively classic amiga programs, mostly creation apps and 060 demos.

The computer used is a athlon 2400+ 1gb ram nvidia geforce fx5600 128mb.

With winuae, JIT enabled (and big buffer), 040 with max speed emulation, I obtain a really decent emulation of a 060 (comparing demos running on real 060). I don't want to use windows xp, even if winuae give me the best results.

With e-uae, with same settings, the speed is not as good as winuae (around a good real 040), but the biggest issues are the screenmodes and scaling (as I explained on another topic).

With FS-UAE, screenmodes and autoscaling works really great, and most of the aspects of FS-aue are superior to e-uae in my opinion, not speaking of the fact we can run it on a open source linux system. But the speed performance is far from the 2 other emulators. A waaayyyyy slower. I believe it's caused by the lack of JIT.

For what I know in the amiga communities I am, there is a crowd for powerfull amiga classic emulation. Not for gaming, but for all the other things amiga can offer. I know people like me who wants to create machines booting directly on amiga classic system (like people -as myself also- do with mamecabs, virtual pincabs and stuff like that, recycling old PCs), to have a high specs classic amiga without spending the €€€€ needed to built such a computer. Since we want to use dedicated PCs for that purpose, we don't care about 64bit compatibility.

So the question is : is a fs-uae JIT enabled version will be available one day ?

thank you !

Page generated in 0.04586 seconds with 11 queries