View Single Post
Old 26 April 2012, 05:40   #1
SixWayShot

Completely new to Amiga... Some questions.

Hi. I'm SixWayShot, and I spend way too much money on STUFF.

Case in point: I just bought an Amiga lot from a local seller. Way more than I had initially intended to buy, but the guy selling it just threw in everything. I've attached photos of the lot, and the setup I made with the console/monitor/everything. It runs great. That monitor is friggin' gorgeous. Anyway, I have a few questions about the stuff I just got:

1. Is the A530 expansion worth using?

2. I don't know the specs of the GVP A530 just yet. I don't think the guy who had this before me did anything special to it, so it may be stock, whatever that entails. I do know that the hard drive is very small (relatively speaking). How easy is it to upgrade the device, or should I even bother?

3. I read the guide on how to transfer files from a PC to an Amiga, but if I don't have access to a PC with a serial port, is there another method I could use?

4. The Amiga I got is an Amiga 500. I'm pretty sure it has 1MB of RAM, and it's NTSC. I know that most of the good games are PAL releases. How much of an issue will I have playing PAL games, be it physical disks I may get online, or downloaded files?

5. I'm using an Atari joystick right now (from a Flashback 2. Haven't found a vintage Atari stick that's, uh, clean...). What's a good joystick or gamepad to use with an Amiga?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amiswag.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	493.6 KB
ID:	31386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amiga.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	396.8 KB
ID:	31387  

Last edited by SixWayShot; 26 April 2012 at 05:48.

AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.06375 seconds with 10 queries