View Single Post
Old 16 April 2012, 10:47   #564
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
The monitor I want to use the MK2 with doesnt work in PAL mode with a dce flicker fixer (but ntsc is fine) will I be able to use this tft with mk2 in PAL mode?
Yes, that will work. Indivision AGA MK2 has a fully asyncronous framebuffer that allows us to create almost any output frequency from almost any input frequency. This has been one of the strong selling points of the MK1 design, and the MK2 design has that same property. Further, your DCE flickerfixer does not show SHires properly (skips every other pixel), and it also cuts away a few colours. You won't see any of that on the new flickerfixer: It supports Superhires (1280 pixel-wide screens) and it supports the full 24 bit colour range. On top of that, you have HighGFX with even bigger screens like HD720. Your Amiga has a whole new appearance with such a high resolution, and you have all-new possibilities if you look at the available screenmodes in your screenmode prefs: Try DblPAL or Productivity modes on your DCE flickerfixer. AFAIK, it fails badly, but Indivision AGA will show them.

Originally Posted by RMK View Post
Can you confirm that there will be another run after this batch which is currently being sold?
I cannot even tell if the current batch will sell out, so why would I think of another production run?

Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
Amigakit, I dont believe in pre orders how many unit will be available for purchase after the pre orders go out?
I don't release information about quantities, not even to resellers, so there's no point asking them. Everybody knows that I don't have the money to make huge production runs, so this kind of hardware will always stay low-quantity. Flickerfixers have always been a good investment in the past; even the MK1 design sells for more than the original retail price at the auction house with the colourful letters.

Page generated in 0.05290 seconds with 9 queries