View Single Post
Old 16 April 2012, 02:56   #3
Adropac2
Zone Friend

hmm yeah i'd have to agree with that, samples running on Amiga have a certain tighter sound for obvious reasons and remixes never sound as good. I'd argue Chris Huelsbecks own redone versions suffered just a tad but they were still very welcome and handled well

People often seem to think that great songs from the past from older tech would benefit but a good example of how this just isn't the case is the gb Testris song- it wouldn't sound half as neat if a whole orchestra was behind it

Mr Huelsbeck's best work i think was when he worked so much with theme and chord- Turrican etc. It was less about arpeggio and better for it i personally think. It's harder work of course and i guess that's why he doesn't craft this way these days. Deep down though i'm sure he knows it's where his pure talent lies and it must be nice to revisit these pieces once more. And i'm not saying he hasn't produced some fine modern day stuff, just a shame he doesn't embrace in the art of melody writing quite so much anymore, for he's god like at it

Page generated in 0.04441 seconds with 11 queries