View Single Post
Old 07 April 2012, 17:16   #6
Tarel78

Thanks mfilos, I followed your suggest and I downloaded the LoadModule software (last version from Aminet). Then I prepared a new System.zip file in my pc using Winuae with LoadModule script in C: and I modified Startup-Sequence with the string you suggested to me. Then I formatted my real hard drive in Amiga, booting partition DH0: with SFS 1.279 (because I still have all SFS, FFS and PFS3DS in my RDB). And then I put System.zip in DH0: (now SFS formatted) and I installed ClassicWB 3.9 in my DH0: using the real floppy "from scratch".
All the installation process went very well, but on the first boot Amiga told me that:
DH0: Not a DOS disk!
So no booting at all.
Then I return back to FFS DH0: installing all again: then now work. But I made another lot of test and I noticed that trying to change the types of scsi.device provided (44.2 from Doobrey, 43.46b6 from Cosmos) the system (in FFS) boots correctly (with string C.LoadModule Devs:scsi.device in the first line of Startup-Sequence) and correctly It changes the scsi.device at the time.
So, with the scsi.devices you suggested to me, I try to make another not booting partition (DH1: name Work for example) and , after creating that (under or beyond 4 GB it has the same behaviour), when I try to re-boot the system in order to format this new partition, I noticed that the system won't boot at all!
So I have to boot from a Workbench 3.1 Install floppy disk, and with HDToolbox I have to delete this new partition. After that my Amiga restart to boot correctly! But only with a booting FFS DH0: partition. What a pity...

I really would like to have my boot partition formatted with a most modern and performance filesystem like SFS 1.279 or PFS3DS 18.5!

Have you got any other tips for me?

Really thanks!
Damiano

Page generated in 0.08152 seconds with 11 queries