View Single Post
Old 26 March 2012, 22:49   #55
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
Whatever it is, no device can change the drive's calibration unless such drive would have a mechanism for this (e.g. Piezo crystals like in video heads).
You've lost me there, i'm afraid. Are you saying that it's impossible for KryoFlux to have corrected the drive's deliberate, physical misalignment simply by recalibrating or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clenched View Post
In the Zone readadf and print1 are recompiled from the EAB fileserver sources with Borland Turbo Pascal 7. They are complete and require no modification at all to compile.
Thanks for the recompilation of these utilities, clenched! I'll try them out when I get time.

I've noticed that the included 'Decodstd.pas' routine writes German text to the screen (whereas the others write English text), and no option to R(E)calibrate is provided - only (A)bbrechen (Abort), (I)gnorieren (Ignore) and (W)iederholen (Retry), so presumably your version does the same. I am unable to differentiate between the (R)etry and R(E)calibrate options provided by the English version anyway.

I have added extra notation to your first screen output illustration where I have discovered the meanings of the numbers. If you would care to add them to your post above, then I can delete this here version.

Code:

_Format identifier
  |    _Track #
  |    |   _Sector #
  |    |   |   _ Sectors to fill in the gap
  |    |   |   |
 255  11   1  10                                                                
 TRUE                                                                          
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE  Good sector
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE                                                                           
 TRUE                  Track progress indicator
                                 |                          
################################################################################
##### - one # for each completed cylinder.
Note that 'Sector #' + 'Sectors to fill in the gap' = 11 for a standard track length.

Page generated in 0.05137 seconds with 9 queries