View Single Post
Old 12 March 2012, 20:09   #21
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
Every LCD/Plasma TV I've come across has had PC input. Having the VGA lead also gives you the opportunity to use PC monitors.

I'm sure TV's with VGA accept 1080p through VGA where as TV's with component generally only accept 1080i through component.

Therefore imo VGA is the best route to take if you can't have hdmi and have the compatible TV.

Ok, then the option is clear. I've got this LG 42LX6500 , full HD, that gets 1080p (off course, as it has HDMI too). I hope that it will do it too using VGA.

I didn't know the difference between 1080p and 1080i, but I've read this:

Read the last part:
"1080i: 1,920x1,080 pixel resolution. High-definition picture that is displayed interlaced. Each odd line of the picture is displayed, followed by each even line, and the resulting image is not as smooth as a progressive feed. 1080i is therefore a more detailed picture suited to documentaries and wildlife footage, but less suitable for action-oriented material such as sports and movies.

1080p: 1,920x1,080 pixel resolution. High-definition picture that is displayed progressively. Each line is displayed on the screen simultaneously, therefore it is smoother than an interlaced picture. This is the ultimate high-definition standard -- the most detailed picture, displayed progressively."

Last edited by Retrofan; 12 March 2012 at 20:33.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05175 seconds with 9 queries