View Single Post
Old 08 March 2012, 08:30   #76
68k wisdom
Apparently Galahad got stuck on some part... This game isn't as simple as it looks.
I know, because i disassembled it and started the port (before knowing about this thread).

Graphics are "easy" to do when using my lazy method : vbl screen conversion... but this raises pre-requisites up to '030. As this game has lots and lots of graphical routines, changing them all would be a real pain anyway.

As Super Sprint uses in-screen palette changes, my actual version shows wrong colors but it's not as easy as adding a copperlist because it runs in an intuition screen (multitasking is a nice addition in my taste - and it helps me a lot while debugging).

Sounds can be done with YM emulator unless someone provides me with samples and tracker module for the small musics (note that some games such as Gauntlet already use samples, so there it is less problematic).
YM emulators either use lots of cpu or don't handle envelopes with short timing correctly ; hopefully Super Sprint seems to be fine in that aspect.
Page generated in 0.04853 seconds with 9 queries