View Single Post
Old 06 March 2012, 19:18   #175
Graham Humphrey
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Oh, and I dont know if you did anything about it yet (or wanted to), but a quick workaround for the overscan type look of the copper gradients could be to simply overlay tall, black sprites at either end of the screen. Like I said though I dont know what your intentions were, but it was just a thought
That's a good idea and would probably be ideal - could I still do that though, given that the places where I would want to do that are outside of the bitmap?

Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post
I think the flicking corruption is coming from your "BlockScroll" commands. It interferes with the UnBuffer db command. If there is fruit (or your main player) is on that line when the blocks get copied from it, it also copies bits of the fruit or main player not just the platform to the reverse bitmap.
Maybe instead of using 'BlockScroll' command wait until the next frame and draw the same line again for the reverse bitmap. (you may need to read the data into an array as you will need that data twice).

Sorry it's hard to explain. My teaching skills are as bad as my grammar and spelling

To fix the bug where mouse is stuck half way into a platform..
delete the line:-
If ply(n)\y MOD 2=0 Then ply(n)\y=ply(n)\y-1
and replace with
If Point(ply(n)\x,ply(n)\y) Then ply(n)\y-1
p.s. That will only work correctly when the flicking problem (above) is fixed.

Thanks for working that one out. Thinking about it, I guess that's quite obvious - if the BlockScroll command copies a part of the display then it stands to reason that it'll copied over all blitted graphics. Would moving the Unbuffer db command to the end of the frame after all the subroutines have been called make any difference? (I could just try it I guess...) Otherwise I'll obviously have to do a bit of extra work to get round it (which shouldn't actually prove to be a problem of course).
Page generated in 0.05364 seconds with 9 queries