View Single Post
Old 05 March 2012, 05:24   #71
Thumbs up E-UAE + AMOSPro on Raspberry Pi - seems to work well!

Well well well...

I haven't been able to get hold of a real Pi (yet), but I was able to run its ARM Debian Linux image in QEMU. I ran several tests and performance seems pretty close to what a real Raspberry Pi will give, only it lacks graphics acceleration and sound.

I managed to compile latest E-UAE on my emulated Pi. (I have binaries if anyone is interested.) It runs just fine on my virtual Pi. The next step I thought would be to try AMOS Professional.

First thing, with AROS ROM it is extremely slow, which is to be expected. So to use AMOS on a Raspberry Pi you are going to need real Amiga ROMs.

Using Amiga Forever Kickstart 3.1, however, it runs very well indeed. Performance is comparable to a real Amiga 1200, so AMOS will definitely be usable on a Raspberry Pi!

I haven't been able to test sound however (it may have a performance hit), and I needed to disable E-UAE's OpenGL when running under QEMU.

Is anyone interested in a Raspberry Pi emulation pack for AMOSPro? This will require a Kickstart ROM to be usable, so I can't legally do one "out-of-the-box" - it absolutely crawls with AROS ROM. But for a dirt-cheap machine tailored for programming, this is a small price to pay. I'll see if I can maintain Kickstart 1.3 compatibility so it can be legally used with the cheapest edition of Amiga Forever.

P.S. I attach E-UAE binaries for ARMv6/ARM11 Linux, which should run on a Raspberry Pi. (Also added to The Zone!)

On the Pi's Debian you need to install some dependencies to run E-UAE, try this from a Terminal:
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-debian-all
sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa
Attached Files
File Type: zip (3.15 MB, 44 views)

Last edited by Mequa; 05 March 2012 at 05:40.
Page generated in 0.08559 seconds with 10 queries