View Single Post
Old 23 February 2012, 17:21   #168
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaula88@hotmail View Post
Great! Testing NTSC video now.
Since my display is 59.xxHz, shouldn't vsync=full force internal emulation to those same 59.xxHz so I can get pefect synced scroll?
I get smooth scroll, but once in a while it "loses" a frame. I'm very picky about this, I know . CPU usage is not to blame.
It's as if the internal emulation speed would be set at a near-60Hz, different from my 59.xx Hz, even if I set vsync to full.
With full sync, there is no timing other than waiting for vsync, so it should be perfectly smooth. In the real world however, there is still a possibility to get a lost vblank once in a while (because of multi-tasking OSes and no real-time guarantee, etc). When using full sync you should avoid running other CPU-intensitive tasks (such a multiple open websites with flash ads etc), or disk-intensive operations (virus scans, torrents) to minimize chances of FS-UAE being denied CPU-time.

It is also just possible that you haven't configured full sync correctly. You write "vsync=full", but the parameter is --video-sync=full, or in the config file:
Code:
[video]
sync = full
The log file is quite explicit on what mode is being used, so please check there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaula88@hotmail View Post
The other problem I found is that HDF files like the ones used by the Minimig don't work on current version of fs-uae. OS says NOT A DOS DISK ON DH0, and that's all
(I suspect it's an rbd problem, but I don't know wich, as WinUAE does work with those disk images pretty well: I'd like to use fs-uae instead of WinUAE for Minimig file interchange (wich I have to use via WINE because no M$ software is allowed in my computers )
I haven't specifically programmed any support for RDB files, just simple HDF files with a single volume for now. I can probably fix it for the next version. Anyone know of any good freely distributable RDB file with a bootable partition I can test with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Holy shit! As quick as I build this frontend, I'm needing to change it to add new features
Yeah, sorry about that ;-)

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 23 February 2012 at 17:26.

Page generated in 0.04713 seconds with 11 queries