View Single Post
Old 20 February 2012, 10:16   #85
Graham Humphrey
Originally Posted by mihcael View Post
I find the background a little off-putting because its not scrolling at all. If it gradually went from blue at the top to black at the bottom, it could be used as an indicator of your progress through the level.

I just had a look at your code and the level design map. How difficult would it be to make the level data loaded from a txt file so that way it would be easy to craete and test level designs.
That would be quite a cool effect to achieve - the only problem I could see is that all the levels are 'joined up' so there's never really an end, so it would perhaps look a bit strange if it suddenly jumped back to blue when some new platform graphics scrolled onto the screen.

As for the level data - I have considered various methods of storing it, and a text file was one of them. I think it would be a bit too fiddly for me to implement though and although coding it straight into the game is probably a bit crude and will make the executable bigger, it does work. However, if anyone wants to design their own levels - either by coding them straight in or just typing them up and sending them to me - feel free and I'd love to include decent levels submitted by people on here. Ideally I'm looking at having ten levels (with perhaps four different designs for each level, selected at random each time you play the game - this is to make up for the fact that there isn't a random generator like in the Jaguar version - but I'm still considering this) at about sixty 'rows' each. It would also get people credited in the game and more importantly, save me a job

Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Thank you but I tried different settings, with same result.
Could you let me know what config you tried to load the game with originally please? I'd like to see if I can replicate the error.
Page generated in 0.05315 seconds with 9 queries