View Single Post
Old 18 February 2012, 17:46   #23
Missile Command Champion

Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
@ RetroNerd,
What version R u running mate?
Think I need to find a way to retrofit 1.12 without it downloading 1.13 from battlemet.
You can't even use the battlenet, because they will surely ban you. Blizzard thinks these high resolutions are unfair/cheating against others. Get some other CD images. I run Diablo II+LOD and patch 1.12a.

Without LOD you can still load the D2MultiResGame.exe and check the log file, there you can see the detected screen resolution numbers. Found this, and it works.

I think I found a way to get it to use the higher resolutions, without having LoD installed.
This involves changing your registry, so if you feel uncomfortable in doing that, or you don't know what that is, then don't do it.
Firstly run the D2MultiResGame exe that comes with the patch. It should start the game and generate a log file. You can't change the res in-game in a non-LoD Diablo II install because there is no resolution button, so exit the game. Look in the D2MultiResLog.txt log file (in your Diablo II folder). It should have a bunch of resolutions it found. Something like this...
Added Display Mode: 10: 640 x 480
Added Display Mode: 11: 1280 x 800
Added Display Mode: 12: 1280 x 960
Added Display Mode: 13: 1280 x 1024
Added Display Mode: 14: 1680 x 1050
Added Display Mode: 15: 1920 x 1080
See the number after "Mode:". Remember the number for the resolution you want to run it in. For me I wanted to run it 1920x1080, so 15 was my number.
Run regedit, search for "D2RMRes". Its parent folder should be "Diablo II". Change its value to that number you remembered. The number is a decimal number. Close regedit, and rerun the D2MultiResGame exe. Once you get into the game itself, you should have your nice new resolution.
If it doesn't work you can still try a glidewrapper for 3Dfx support. Such tool allows you to change the resolutions as you wish.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 18 February 2012 at 17:53.
Page generated in 0.05126 seconds with 9 queries