View Single Post
Old 04 February 2012, 09:20   #24
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
I asked if there was a bug in a highly technical patch would recode the entire thing and you said:

You can do future updates (slightly) faster with your own code, so by that logic you would recode every single slave.

Either you have at least 40 hours to waste on Unreal to re-create Harry's work, or you think you can do it faster. And by your next (illogical) statement suggests you can do it faster as you don't spend time understanding their work:

And here was me thinking that the source code for the WHDLoad installs is actually in English and contains normal 68k assembler commands that most programmers (except you it seems) can read.

Your flawed logic says that you'd spend so much time trying to understand existing source code that it's quicker to rewrite it.

If you like, I can comment the Putty source code for you since Mr Larmer has used confusing (to you) labels like Load, Decrunch etc...

It's a simple cost/benefit ratio. You consider it a good use of 7 hours to code a decrypter, Galahad decided a memory snapshot of the vital part was adequate.

Your slave would take longer to load since you have to decrypt it, so you would spend 7 hours to make a slower to load patch that behaves identically to mine. Really efficient use of time. What next, rewrite the entire games from scratch?

I've heard your idle threats before, this is nothing new from you.

Nobody has reported any problems with the Putty install not working. It runs fine on my computer. There are some alternate versions that can be adapted with the existing install, I've even uploaded the source code. This rubbish about "can't be updated" is just nonsense.
To all of this nonsense I say: Mind your own business and learn to read, apparently that is something you still are not able to do. Finish your patches that have been "in progress" for years instead of telling people what they should do and how they should do it. Also funny how you always find excuses when I point out flaws in your arguments.

Concerning Tearaway Thomas, you call me arrogant yet you are not able to do that patch yourself, instead you post nonsense that is not possible to code a decrypter for that game. And about your "your slave would take longer to load" excuse, hahaha, I guess you can hear me laughing in NZ. This is, even for you, absolutely ridiculous. And you want to tell me how I should do things? You really are a right laugh. Point is: you lack the skills to do any half-decent protections, period.

As for recoding old Mr. Larmer slaves, I highly respect Mr. Larmer, he was an incredibly skilled patcher and I would have loved to talk to him, too bad I never had the chance. Something I won't ever say about you!

And that's the last thing I'll post here concerning this since all of this is useless.

Page generated in 0.04459 seconds with 11 queries