Thread: Hi there :)
View Single Post
Old 19 January 2012, 16:15   #1
HnieX
Banned

Big grin Hi there :)

Where to begin ??

Oh well, it all started last summer. By chance I saw an ad on the Swedish version of the YellowPages (www.blocket.se) this guy who wanted to sell an A500 and an A1200 with accessories.

It proved to be an A500 (512 Mb RAM) and a A1200 (2 Mb RAM) with 84Mb HD, an external floppy drive, some 30+ boxed games (some with manual - others without), 650+ disks and a bunch of mice and joysticks.

Throughout the summer I looked at it when I had the time and in the way I'd checked all the disks through for virus by using the Virus Checker V6.15 by John Veldthuis (Someone who can recommend a newer version or different scanner, better perhaps?).

Just before Christmas it went completely wrong (EAB is blamed for this!).
Without this informative forum, I had not gone so far as it would prove that I did:-D).

By pure curiosity I looked at eBay.de to see what actually existed, knowing that Germany back 'in the day' was a huge market for Amiga (England was too far away). And before I knew it I had created an account and sat and looked around the entire eBay and was caught even more than I was this summer.

Now I sit here EXACTLY one month after I created my account here and on eBay .... and looking around the room - and can see:

A500 (512Kb)
A500 (512 Kb w/ KS 1.2/1.3
A1200 with 84 Mb HD w/ KS 3.0
A1200 with 4 Gb CF HD w/ KS 3.1
... both with Blizzard 1230, respectively, 128 Mb RAM and 8 Mb RAM
2 external floppy disks
2 CF Card Adapter with an additional 4 pcs 4 Gb CF and an 8-GB (one transmitter and send the rest SanDisk)
An even bigger pile of mice, joysticks and power supplies
5000+ disks
and a brand new LCD 32" TV

Original WB 1.2 / 1.3 / 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.5 and 3.9

.... Thinking: What the hell went WRONG ???

Last edited by HnieX; 19 January 2012 at 16:20. Reason: Learing to fly...
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05109 seconds with 9 queries