View Single Post
Old 11 January 2012, 12:37   #10
Scali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Regardless of whether any line renders vertically or horizontally, it's possible to draw them downward, ie. swap endpoints if the startpoint is lower down. Or what did you mean?
Well, I mean that the blitter will render the lines in horizontal direction rather than vertical direction, meaning that the rasterization (and therefore subpixel correction) rules are slightly different.
The difficulty is that you want to control the start and end position in Y-direction, but since the line-length is now specified in horizontal amount of pixels, it makes the calculations more difficult. And slight errors may still make it jump to the next scanline unexpectedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
I'm giving you advice without you asking for any, which sometimes can be taken as offensive. I assure you it's not meant as such Call it speculation about something I for some reason (some coders know this reason ) care about, if you like.
No problem!
It's nice to have some other people thinking along with this problem.
Thing is, I've been busy with this for quite a while now, and I've tried many things, so I suffer from a bit of 'blitter fatigue'
On the one hand that means that I may have already tried some things, but I have made small mistakes... so I think it won't work while in reality it should have.
On the other hand, I am not exactly jumping with joy to try new things. I need a bit of time off
I just kept picking up the routine and trying new things, day in, day out... Trying to figure out where it goes wrong. Then I got to the part where I at least had the vertical lines working, and had a working substitute for the horizontal lines... I gave the horizontal lines a few more tries after that, but then I decided I just wanted to present the idea as-is, and leave the horizontal problem for another day.

Page generated in 0.04630 seconds with 11 queries