Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 07 January 2012, 01:29   #258
Jakub83

Cloanto bashing on EAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
>But Amiga Forever also includes the licensed Amiga ROM/OS, where would you get those? That was one reason for asking whether you are promoting software piracy on EAB.

They can be downloaded from various places, that is where I would get them. There's no legal issue anyway, anyone who actually has a real Amiga does not need to pay Cloanto for something they already have the right to use.
This is not true, what laws are you basing your statements on? If you own an Amiga you have the right to use the ROM built inside the Amiga with that one Amiga computer, but that's it.

Again, you are promoting piracy on EAB, which is against the rules (and the laws).

Quote:
this is just a frontend/wrapper for UAE if I'm not mistaken?
It is not. I was part of the beta test for the RP9 Editor (part of Amiga Forever 2012), and that alone took at least 6 months of development. Other than that the player is much more than a "wrapper", it simplifies the settings, adds save states, provides a consistent user interface between Amiga and C64 emulation...

Does Cloanto need to "bribe" you again so that you can give Amiga Forever an "objective" look?

Quote:
Not so. Where did you get this idea from?
It is a well-known fact that normal applications can't crash Windows (NT and higher) as a whole:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death: "Stop errors are hardware or driver related... when the kernel, or a driver running in kernel mode, encounters any error from which it cannot recover."

Or were you using a pre-NT version of Windows?

Quote:
They have removed certain components from OS3.9 entirely and replaced certain other components with obsolete ersions.
They did not "remove" anything. "3.9" is an illegal (according to Amiga Inc.) product by Haage & Partner. Cloanto published "3.X", not "3.9".

Quote:
>What is this "Bluehost nonsense"

Just run a search for it on this board...
No Sir, you are the one who has to search the (old EAB) boards. The report to Bluehost was done by the AmiKit guy, not by Cloanto. The Cloanto people probably don't even know what you are talking about. You seem to be so full of yourself that I can't imagine you doing any fact checking, and even less apologizing for all the untrue mud you are throwing around. Shame on you.

Quote:
I found this announcement of the vapourware PPaint for OS4... still waiting 8 years later... http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?view...&category=news
Did you read what you linked to? Cloanto gave the source code to Amiga so that Amiga could do the port. It was Amiga Inc. who was supposed to do the port, not Cloanto.

Again, congratulations for your fact checking!

Page generated in 0.08751 seconds with 9 queries