Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 04 January 2012, 12:05   #241
Cloanto bashing on EAB

Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
You can get the emulator around which the package is based from
Yes, we all know that WinUAE is an open source project.

But Amiga Forever also includes the licensed Amiga ROM/OS, where would you get those? That was one reason for asking whether you are promoting software piracy on EAB.

And what about the Amiga Forever player itself? That's now grown larger (just adding up the MBs) than the WinUAE component.

You speak as if Amiga Forever was only WinUAE, which it isn't. Isn't this supposed to be a thread about "corrections"?

Bringing down the system on the first of the provided games that I tried...Also, including mismatched AmigaOS components gathered from various different OS releases, which are not even *supposed* to work correctly together, causing various issues when trying to run OS-compliant software.
If you run WinUAE and it brings down Windows, it looks like a bad Windows graphics driver or similar. Only a driver or similar privileged code can bring down the system, applications can't. So how can you blame an application, I mean, it says you are a programmer in your signature, aren't you?

As for the mix of different OS releases, I am not sure what you are talking about, my configurations are running fine, and Amiga Forever now has 16 different default configurations in the Systems tab. Maybe you could provide some examples?

Yes, all the Bluehost nonsense. Plus promising to use funds from Amiga Forever to fund new versions of eg. PPaint, and then not doing so.
What is this "Bluehost nonsense", and what are you claiming that Cloanto did?

And where are those promises? I can't remember any, although looking at the change logs one can see that Amiga Forever and Personal Paint did intersect around 1997.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05119 seconds with 9 queries