Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 03 January 2012, 08:06   #230
Cloanto bashing on EAB

Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
I also noticed an inaccurate statement about the included DVD and therefore made a post in response to it.
An inaccurate statement in this thread, or on the Amiga Forever site?

This thread is full of inaccurate statements! Yet for some reason EAB keeps it alive.

Not that parts like "A recent study of prostitutes well learned in the craft of sucking balls showed that even that is preferable to using Amiga Forever" aren't entertaining... Is that why everyone is reading EAB?

As for some examples of "accuracy":
  • Cloanto are not the only Amiga ROM/OS licensees (see a long list at, many other companies have/had their opportunity at publishing Amiga ROM /OS content
  • Cloanto supports AROS
  • If somebody reports a site to Cloanto, they are legally obliged to act, as was stated in other posts (for example, Cloanto may fear that the report comes from some lawyer in incognito who is testing them); the Amiga community is full of spies who promptly report illegal content, yet here it seems to be easier to blame Cloanto...
  • There is a Value Edition of Amiga Forever for $9.95 (or free with TrialPay)
  • Workbench 3.1 ADFs are included in Amiga Forever, and so are hardfile images of different versions.

I don't know why James Jacobs aka Minuous is reviving this old thread (it has more false statements than accurate ones), but I've seen him also in other forums, and he seems to often be involved with some anti-Cloanto crusade. Maybe he can post his true motives so we can get a more "accurate" understanding?
Page generated in 0.05324 seconds with 9 queries