View Single Post
Old 30 December 2011, 07:12   #36
I'd have to say simply buying a real Amiga. I grew up and still live in the US, where the Amiga never really took off. In fact, the only time I saw a real Amiga growing up was when I was in the 5th grade, when I went to a friend's birthday party and they had an Amiga 500. A few years ago, I discovered the joy of Amiga gaming via emulation and started to really get into the format.

Finally, this year, after years of admiring the format, I took the plunge and bought an Amiga CD32, a PAL one. I spent several hundreds of dollars getting the thing to work on my NTSC CRT TV, and a good 50 bucks finding a good power converter to plug the thing into my wall, but by god it worked.

I've since then picked up another CD32, and an Amiga 1200. So, I'd have to say that 2011 will be remembered by me simply as being the year I finally jumped in. 10 years ago, in 2001, I bought a PC Engine Duo and absolutely fell in love with the format, and hopefully, going forward, I experience the same love relationship with the Amiga.
Page generated in 0.06382 seconds with 9 queries