View Single Post
Old 17 December 2011, 01:25   #1
EAB veteran... Honest!
Send a message via MSN to P-J
Lotus Turbo Challenge Online (a WIP)

Hi all,

Since I wanted to start a bit of a developer diary I thought I'd post a video of the current progress of my remake of Lotus (called 'Lotus Turbo Challenge Online').

It's a remake of of the original game(s) with graphics in the original style for Windows/OSX/Linux and eventually iPhone, Android and possibly the GamePark handhelds.

The main focus is going to be on online play, so eight (or maybe sixteen, but likely eight) players can jump into a race together over the interwebs. Other planned things are the addition of a rear view mirror, new tracks, new cars, choice of modes (lotus 1 style laps, or lotus 2 style checkpoint races).

At this stage it's pretty barebones, but I've spent forever on the track routine as it's the most important part of the game for me, and thanks to the original developer's tireless help have managed to get it to a stage where I can just plug in the original track data from Lotus 1, 2 & 3 and it's looking almost dead on. (Again, a massive thanks to Shaun Southern for providing the original ASM & other bits).

The main reason for posting this message is to see if anyone has any ideas for features that could make the final game. Bearing in mind all the time the graphical style is to remain faithful to the original, but anything outside of that is totally open season as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, here's a video of the progress with the trackroutine. Keen Lotus fans will recognise this as the last (and hardest) track in the original game.

[ Show youtube player ]
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05842 seconds with 9 queries