View Single Post
Old 20 November 2011, 00:54   #1
BarryB
Amigaholic

Strange problem with cyclone not honouring start/end track?

I've recently been trying out my copy of cyclone and dongle on my A1200 to see how many of my original Amiga disks I can still backup successfully and it's been running fine, success ration of around 85%. Normaly cyclone allows you set a start/end track so you can copy just one track or a range of tracks and set the copy method accordingly, which until today was working. However, it's now decided to ignore any start/end track I set and just starts copying the whole disk??? Tried another cyclone dongle, another disk drive and a different copy of cyclone and none allow me to set a start/end track anymore, but X-Copy still does though??

Now, I have been having keyboard problems where certain keys won't work, like QWERT and the return key. prowler in another thread pointed me to thread where a guy had a similar problem so he cut off the end of the ribbon and scratched off the plastic so the tracks were exposed. I tried the same and found the plastic was a bit thick and tough I ended up scratching part of the track off too! So I got a sharp knife and lifted up the edge of the plastic and peeled it back and this exposed the tracks without me having to scratch anything off! Now the keyboard works no matter how much I wiggle the ribbon cable on the keyboard. All the keys work, I can use a text editor and type all the characters on my keyboard and everything appears normal, just wondering if this could be the reason cyclone isn't working correctly?, just clutching at straws here!
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.08617 seconds with 9 queries