View Single Post
Old 08 October 2011, 09:27   #1
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

CD1200 trackball help

I have purchased a CDTV 1200 trackball. Although the listing didnt mention it, it was untested and has arrived completely dead.

Has anyone had any experience bringing one of these back to life? Any common faults or issues?

The battery contacts are pretty rusted indicating batteries have leaked inside. But after opening it the PCB seems free of any corrosion at all.

This is an item I have really wanted for a long time and I passed up another on amibay because I had secured this untested one. So it goes without saying I would really like it to be fully functional.

I also have the cable for it and it seems when plugged in I cant use the regular remote anymore. Is this normal? Is it supposed to work without batteries when plugged in? I have tried it with batteries too.

Edit instead of bumping with new information so people who have already read this post dont know to come back and see the new info because one of the mods has an OCD for seperate posts from the same poster one after the other...

Seems the IR LED stays on when the CD1200 has power. That cant be normal. The CD1200s own power switch seems to have no effect on it.

Heres some hardware necro pr0n.

Last edited by T_hairy_bootson; 08 October 2011 at 11:15. Reason: because of TCDs OCD

Page generated in 0.04352 seconds with 11 queries