View Single Post
Old 23 September 2011, 17:07   #44
needs more ice cream

Originally Posted by Photon View Post
This is exactly what I personally hope for, although we need both a 680x0-running CPU and an OCS/AGA/compatible chipset in 'FPGA' to really know it has a future. Currently all expansions sit on existing chips, and 680x0 CPUs are not available in any quantity off the shelf.

I do like the Minimig, although at the point I bought it, it could only run (some) ADFs, no Fastmem/harddisks, no FFS etc. It must in the end be a standalone development platform to replace the Amiga proper. (I must say I regret selling it now that it has become better. I definitely would consider buying it again, especially if it used a firmware upgradable 680x0 core.)

Didn't mean to tweak the original post in another direction, just wanted to chime in. There's no reason to not wish that AmigaOne reaches maximum audience, even if I personally think it's the original platform we should gather round and nurture and develop.
If someone were to do it I'd be 'excited' again like I was back in the real Amiga days. I'd spend upwards of 1K on a 500 board replacement (i know developing/manufacturing this kind of stuff for a niche market is small and expensive - the AEON stuff is even smaller market)
Page generated in 0.05206 seconds with 9 queries