View Single Post
Old 23 September 2011, 06:14   #5
Mequa

If you download and install the Windows Developer Preview (x64 build with dev tools - ideally using a DVD-9 as it's almost 5GB), then install Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview via the web, it's possible to develop apps using the Metro interface (based on HTML5 and Javascript, with some support for .NET) which can call natively-compiled C/C++ code, and already see them in action.

Technically, it should be possible already to redesign WinUAE's interface in Metro-style. This would feature a full-screen configuration screen with tiles, and run the actual Amiga emulation fullscreen or side-by-side with other Metro apps. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but it does seem it requires a different kind of build to the conventional Windows .exe .

It should then eventually be possible to do an ARM build - depending of course on the Windows App Store policies. I'm wondering if a combined WinUAE plus full AROS-68k install would be problematic, as this is totally free software without requiring copyrighted ROMs? (Though it might be slow without JIT.)

I suppose a lot of this depends on how things pan out, and how restrictive a policy MS decides to stick to in the end. (In the worst case, a hacked version of WinUAE/PUAE for jailbroken Windows 8 ARM tablets might be possible!)

Page generated in 0.04349 seconds with 10 queries