View Single Post
Old 18 September 2011, 18:19   #47
Kroah

Hi all,

I'm back from holydays. Time to update my Gods Viewer and reply to some nice posts .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
I get so tired sometimes. What is there worth to reverse engineer in Gods. If you can code a similar game, why not make your own and contribute some elements that improves gameplay.
Photon, my objective is not to do any remake.
By reverse engineering Gods, i understand how old games were coded. Each time i disassemble a game i find new coder tricks. On top of that, we discover some hidden stuffs in some games.
The viewer is only the tip of the iceberg i'm glad to share with the community. The viewer is user-friendly, so everyone can use it.
The big work i keep private (until someone asks for it) is the partly disassembled and commented source code of the game, only advanced users may find it useful (to code a remake for example).

If you had visited my website, you would have seen my remake of Colonial Conquest. It adds multiplayer support and custom maps.
Anyway, I forgive you not to have seen it because it's an "Atari only" game not ported on Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
do you have in mind the task of reverse engineering magic pockets?
Sorry Jotd, Magic Pockets is not on my todo list. I haven't played it very much compared to other games. I found it so difficult, past the first levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube View Post
@Kroah - I found some shots of the First Samurai tilemap, here we go.
Thank you Qube, it's always interesting to share your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
In case you haven't seen it, there's some useful stuff in AF28's Secret of Game Graphics article regarding First Samurai and how various things were stored, block sizes and some of the events etc.
Thank you Codetapper. Being french, i didn't know this article. Very interesting.

Page generated in 0.04453 seconds with 11 queries